This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)

This winery in Montepulciano, in the province of Siena, was founded by Egidio Corradi in 1962, when he purchased the Boscarelli vineyards. Today, his daughter Paola De Ferrari Corradi takes care of this small company along with her sons Luca and Nicolò.
More than 30 acres – 27 of which are registered as Vino Nobile D.O.C.G. – are painstakingly cultivated, along the remaining one reserved to Rosso di Montepulciano Doc.

The company is located on Cervognano hill, on the south-east side of Montepulciano, close to Valdichiana, at an altitude of about 984 ft which offers excellent ventilation with a microclimate particularly suitable for high-quality viticulture. Furthermore, the soil of alluvial origin, rich in calcium and sand, ensures the correct drainage.

Apart from the very quality of this land, the current cultivation technique is another key factor: particular attention is always paid to the painstaking and sensible management of the vineyards, thus allowing an average density of about 6.000 -7.000 plants per hectare.

Sangiovese is the most cultivated grape (80%), while the remaining part of the vineyards (20%) is reserved to several various native varieties, such as Mammolo, Canaiolo, Colorino, and other international grapes like Merlot, Cabernet, and Shiraz.

The landscape and the surrounding area are very well protected: for this reason, the winery is located on the ground level – built in the middle of the vineyards on a former service structure – and is perfectly integrated with the surrounding territory in a sort of farming continuum.

This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)


Via di Montenero, 28 - Montepulciano(SI)

0578 767277

Altre info

su prenotazione

Questo sito utilizza cookie tecnici e di profilazione per fornirti una esperienza di navigazione personalizzata