Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /web/htdocs/luoghi.italianbotanicalheritage.com/home/wp-content/themes/ibtviaggi/inc/setup.php on line 177

Romanengo Confectionery

This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)

Pietro Romanengo’s confectionery is an ancient company specialized on traditional recipes based on fruit, flowers, cocoa, sugar and spices. It was opened, as a drug store, in the second half of the 18th century (1780), in Genoa, thanks to Antonio Maria Romanengo. In 1928, the company moved its workshops to Viale Mojon 1, in Genoa, specifically built to serve the true need of an old-fashioned and traditional confectionery and chocolate shop. Centuries-old machinery can still be seen inside the premises, as well as marbles, woods, crystal chandeliers and painted ceilings – it all looks like an old Paris store.
Although the twentieth century was full of technological innovations, there was never the temptation to transform the family-run company into a big factory. Quality and tradition, successfully blended with International confectionery standards, can only be preserved by retaining the original craftmanship of the Romanengos.

The old shop in Via Soziglia 76 R, in Genoa, now dependent on the Superintendency for Environmental and Architectural Heritage, is still operational and the living proof of the family’s desire to keep their great Genoa tradition alive.

CANDIED FLOWERS
Among the most famous and evocative products of the Romanengo confectionery, there are mint leaves, violets, roses and candied mimosa flowers.

This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)

Contatti

Viale Mojon 1 R - Genova(GE)

010 819051

http://romanengo.it/

Questo sito utilizza cookie tecnici e di profilazione per fornirti una esperienza di navigazione personalizzata