Steffaneo-Roncato Palace

This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)

Steffaneo-Roncato Palace is a historic abode full of frescoes, paintings and stuccos, with an important collection of works of art.

The palace was built in 1640 by Andrea Palladio, enriched with marble stuccos and frescoes attributed to Francesco Chiarottini from the school of Gian Battista Tiepolo.

During the First World War, it was transformed into a military hospital and a barracks the 3rd Army commanded by Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia. The famous poet Gabriele d’Annunzio stayed here for long spells of time.

Considered one of the most beautiful Venetian villas in the Friuli plain, and included in the circuit of the Open Castles, it has unfortunately suffered very serious damage following a recent fire.

This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)


Via Aquileia 40, Crauglio - 33050 San Vito al Torre(UD)

0432 999528

Altre info

anche visite guidate

Questo sito utilizza cookie tecnici e di profilazione per fornirti una esperienza di navigazione personalizzata